- Legislation, Policy Formulation and Sectoral Planning regarding:
Protection Against Insects Pests.
Quality Control of Pesticides.
Quality control of Fertilizers & Micro Nutrients.
- Advisory services regarding plant protection on farmers field through district extension services.
- Monitoring of Agriculture inputs like Fertilizers, Pesticides and Micronutrients through field extension staff.
- Pest scouting surveys of insects and plant diseases in coordination with Research for major crops.
- Trainings of pesticide dealers and fertilizers dealers, farmers and extension workers on pesticides. issuance of licenses to pesticide and fertilizer dealers.
- Promotion of New integrated Pest management technologies and other extension activities through method/result demonstration/farmers gathering/field days/workshops/Farmer field schools/seminars and trainings.
- Supervision of Sales and R&D components of Pesticides and fertilizers Companies in KPK.
- Documentation and registration of Pesticides and Fertilizers Companies.
- Standardization and Registration of local and imported pesticides, supervision of trials under field condition, coordination with Research system, collection of data regarding the same, collection of trial data its evaluation and submit recommendation about the approval to the central department.
- Administration of the following laws and rules framed there-under:
- Agriculture Pesticide Act/ bill for KPK, 2014.
- Fertilizer control bill/Act for KPK, 2014.